Thursday 11 April 2013

Gordon Ramsay's Ultimate Cookery Course: Baked Cheesecake


Hey Guys,

    For the next segment of the Cookery Course I will be cooking the Baked Cheesecake, as it is my girlfriends birthday and there is nothing she likes more than a good cheesecake. I'll throw together my own topping that I'll end in after I cook it all up.

 Here is the recipe I will be using:
Edits/Notes will be made in ORANGE


Serving varies on cut-size

INGREDIENTS

Butter For Greasing
550g cream cheese, at room temperature
160g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp Plain Flour
Finely grated zest of 1 Lemon
200g Raspberries (I will probably sub out the raspberries with something else)
Try adding a splash of vanilla
Method

  1. Preheat the oven to 180C and butter a 23 cm spring-foam cake tin.
  2. Beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the beaten eggs bit by bit until combined. Add the flour and lemon zest, then fold through the raspberries. 
  3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, tapping it against the work surface to remove any bubbles and help the raspberries rise up from the bottom. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until set on the edges but wobbling slightly in the middle. Now I do not know why it was not included in Ramsay's recipe; however, I find a Bain Marie to be rather a necessity for cooking a cheesecake. So add an oven-safe bowl of boiling water from  a kettle into the oven to prevent the cake from cracking.
  4. Once cooked, remove from the tin, running knife around the edges to loosen if necessary, and serve. If you use raspberries try serving the cheesecake with a chocolate sauce.
Have fun cooking,

S

No comments:

Post a Comment